OLD LUFKIN PHOTOS
And Nearby East Texas Towns - Communities
 

CLICK ON THUMBNAIL
TO ENLARGE PHOTO
DESCRIPTION OF PHOTO CLICK ON THUMBNAIL
TO ENLARGE PHOTO
DESCRIPTION OF PHOTO
Lufkin Street Scene 1907 Lufkin Street Scene 1907.
Little town is steadily growing.

Lufkin Street Scene 1910 1910 Lufkin Parade. Angelina Countians have turned out for a downtown parade. Lufkin Ave looking East from Cotton (Calder) Square. Red brick building is where Perry Bros building stands today.
Lufkin Stree Scene 1912 Ellis Street Lufkin 1912.
Looking East from Ellis Street towards the H.E. & W.T. RR Depot & town water tower (Stand Pipe) in the center. Bonner Hotel on the left. Shearer home on the right.

First St. Lufkin 1920's First Street Lufkin, 1920's.
Looking South. Lufkin National Bank on the left & F.W. Woolworth on the right at 113 N. 1st

First St. Lufkin 1920's First Street Lufkin, 1920's.
Looking North. First St was Highway 35 as it passed through Lufkin. There was no Highway 59 yet.

First St. Lufkin 1930's First Street Lufkin, 1930's.
Looking South.

First St. Lufkin 1940's First Street Lufkin, 1940's.
Looking North.

First St. Lufkin 1940's First Street Lufkin, 1940's.
Looking South. Perry Brothers on the right, as it looked before it was destroyed by fire about 1949.

First St. Lufkin 1950'sFirst Street Lufkin, 1950's.
Looking North.

Atkinson Candy CompanyAtkinson Candy Company about 1940.
Founded by B. E. Atkinson, Sr. and Mabel C. Atkinson. This plant was located downtown. Moved in the 1950's into a new and modern plant, located today on West Frank St.


Page   1   2   3    4   5   6   7   8 Contributions welcomed... Details Eddie Bryant's Homepage

  
    LUFTEX.COM 

1987-2014 - LUFTEX.COM - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED   
Request permission to republish copyrighted material from this website

NOW ON FACEBOOK