OLD LUFKIN PHOTOS
And Nearby East Texas Towns - Communities
 

CLICK ON THUMBNAIL
TO ENLARGE PHOTO
DESCRIPTION OF PHOTO CLICK ON THUMBNAIL
TO ENLARGE PHOTO
DESCRIPTION OF PHOTO
Mack's Tire Shop Mack's Tire Shop, 115 S. 2nd St. Lufkin abt 1940. L to R, Wm Conner & Carnes McClendon. Wm had a gunsmith shop here, but later moved it to the alley behind the Central Fire Station. Then later, moved it to his home on E. Lufkin Ave.
Old Gann Home stands off of hwy 94 west of Lufkin Old Gann Home One of the oldest homes in Angelina County. Built by John Delaney Gann in the 1860's. Mar. Malinda Arnold in 1847, they were among the largest landowners in the county. Served as the county's 1st district court clerk.
George Councill Service Station 1930's Filling Station on Denman & Charlton. George Councill, owner. His father L. G. once owned the Magnolia Station at corner of S. First & Burke which was robbed by Bonnie & Clyde. Thanks to April Braun, George's granddaughter.
Lufkin Oxen Team about 1900 Lufkin Oxen team about 1900 relaxing on Cotton Square. Used to pull and haul logs from the woodlands of Angelina County. Fire station, town water suppy (stand pipe) and railroad passenger depot in background.
Downtown Lufkin Parade Parade Day in downtown Lufkin. Automobile load of Lufkin beauties coming down Lufkin Ave. from Cotton Square. The building on the corner is the Denman Hospital. Very early 1900's.
Hudson School Buses Hudson School Buses. Built by Martin Wagon Co. in Lufkin. Martin Wagon later became Lufkin Industries, builder of world famous LUFKIN Trailers, oil field pumps and marine gears.
Methodist Church 1910 Methodist Church, Lufkin 1910
Highway 147 Lake Bridge Sam Rayburn Lake Bridge 1958. Construction of new State Highway 147 Bridge under way in preparation of closing the locks and filling the new Lake Sam Rayburn.
Public Hanging in Lufkin, Texas Public Hanging on Cotton Square in Lufkin about 1900, when Texas counties carried out their own executions. Crowds came to witness these events. Many dads made young sons watch, hoping it would keep them on a lawful path in life.
Lufkin 1949/50 Lufkin Tx Aerial Map 1949/50. Looking at the many autos it appears there are few, if any, 1950s models. The Perry Bldg was destroyed by fire in 47 or 48 and the new one completed by 1949. The new Perry bldg clearly can be seen in this photo.

Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 Contributions welcomed... DetailsEddie Bryant's Homepage


  
    LUFTEX.COM

1987-2014 - LUFTEX.COM - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED   
Request permission to republish copyrighted material from this website

NOW ON FACEBOOK